Sunday, December 9, 2012

Mom's 86th Birthday!



Spent the day with family today celebrating my Mother’s 86th birthday!

Finished a proper and fantastic diabetic meal…
…..and then came time for presents and cake…..

Sister: It’s Mom’s 86th birthday, aren’t you going to have a nice big piece of her birthday cake?

Me: Starting back at her with a disgusted look on my face. “And… why wouldn’t I want to have a piece of that brilliantly toxic chocolate whipped cream frosted cake Sis?

Sister: Stares back at me for a few seconds and then, as if she has an epiphany: “Oh well, I guess “The Diabetic” just can’t have any today!

Me: Looking at Mom. “Can I slap her please Ma?

Mom:She loves doing that to you. You know?

Sister: Eating a piece of cake, smiling and staring intensely at me….

Me:I know

No comments:

Post a Comment