Saturday, December 8, 2012

Take a walk!



My doctors have been telling me, "Get out and walk. Do some sort of exercise on a regular basis." Like a broken record, this mantra has been ringing in my ears and it has been the toughest thing because one actually has to fit the time and effort into your busy day. There's special clothing, a shower, the time and so on.
 
I already work like 12 hours every day. Right now, it’s dark when I leave the house and dark when I get back. My wife suggested getting a treadmill, walking machine, or stationary bicycle and just use one of those for right now and until the season changes so that it is light very early in the morning. I prefer to walk early in the morning, before my brain figures out what I'm doing..
 
So today, we girded our loins, pinched our buttocks and got out there for a 30 min. walk. We have to really bear down and incorporate this type of exercise into our lifestyle from now on. The advantage of exercising every day is so when you die, they'll say, 'Well, he looks good doesn't he.'

While out walking, I asked my wife: "What do you love most about me? My tremendous athletic ability or my superior intellect?"

"What I love most about you," she said, "is your enormous sense of humor."

No comments:

Post a Comment