Monday, November 19, 2012

Inescapable Diabetic Weakness and Tiredness


    This morning, I awoke and felt like maybe I should not have. I was extremely tired, weak and achy. I was more tired than I can ever remember being. I had a full night’s sleep and yet my body ached, my brain reeled with depression over this event and I just felt like I never felt before. I was tired in ways I could not have conceived months before this.

    I did an Internet search to look for “tiredness Diabetes” and got a lot of material to read. I read a number of interesting articles, watched some videos and thought about what I’m going to do when I can no longer work due to this disease. My job would be considered as a high stress job. If I am so tired and weak that I can’t think straight, then I’m not going to be effective or successful at my job.  So what options do I have? What are the right options for me? 

 Decided to do two things:
1)      Consult an attorney to determine what options I have to have myself declared “disabled”. That would allow me to get benefits which I’ve been paying into my entire life. I’m not sure what’s possible and will blog about this as things develop.

2)      Consult my doctor. I took three Ibuprofen tablets and felt somewhat better for about two hours. I know I can’t keep doing that every couple of hours for the rest of my life!  I’ll explore what the doctor has to offer and then blog about it as things develop.

If there is anyone out there with some advice about how to deal with this, I’d appreciate hearing from you. Just comment on this post. I’m pretty depressed about this because if I understand what is going on in my body, it can’t get energy out of the food I eat and so I feel tired because it is pulling energy from my muscles and fat stores. So… I almost wish I was fatter!? What happens when I run out of the accumulated energy in my body?  What does the body do then?  My head hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment